Taking part in meetings
From the 7 May 2021, the law requires all councils to hold formal meetings in person. There are a limited number of spaces available for members of the public to attend. For those meetings that are held at Brynsworthy Environment Centre only, you can also join the meeting virtually via Microsoft Teams.
If you would like to join the meeting virtually or attend in person please contact Corporate and Community Services by 12pm two working days prior to the meeting by telephoning 01271 388253 or emailing firstname.lastname@example.org. All meetings held at Brynsworthy Environment Centre will be recorded and uploaded on to the Council’s YouTube channel.
If you attend the meeting virtually via Microsoft Teams, please be aware that your phone number and/or your email address will be visible to councillors and officers of North Devon Council attending the committee but will not be visible to members of the public or others. This is required to allow you to be identified on Microsoft Teams, the software used by the Council to hold virtual committees, and will not be used for any other purpose by the Council. For more information, or to exercise your rights, please see www.northdevon.gov.uk/privacy.
If you attend the meeting in person:
- please do not attend any meetings if you are experiencing any coronavirus symptoms such as: a high temperature; a new, continuous cough – this means coughing a lot for more than an hour, or three or more coughing episodes in 24 hours; or a loss/change to your sense of smell or taste
- the meeting room will be ventilated with windows and doors kept open. Therefore, please ensure that you wear appropriate clothing
- please do not enter the meeting venue until 10 minutes before the meeting
- hand sanitiser will be available upon your arrival and leaving
- please follow the directional signage in place
- when entering the meeting room, please proceed to your place as directed by an Officer and remain seated
- at the conclusion of the meeting, please filter out of the room and leave the building immediately
- fire alarm – if there is a fire alarm you will be instructed to leave the meeting room quickly by an officer present.
Procedures and forms for completion to enable you to participate at meetings:
- Public questions
- Public deputations
- Recording and filming at council meetings
- Public access to information
- Planning applications: addressing the Planning Committee