Northern Devon businesses urged to apply for extra grant funding for Tier 2 restrictions
10 December 2020
Businesses across northern Devon are being urged to check their eligibility and apply for the Government's latest round of coronavirus support funding.
The first in a round of new grants is the Tier 2 Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) (closed). This grant is available to certain businesses and venues which appear in the rating list and have been be required to close from 2 December 2020 for a consecutive period of no less than 14 days due to Tier 2 restrictions.
For eligible businesses, the amount of LRSG payable is as follows:
- businesses occupying properties appearing in the Rating List with a rateable value of exactly £15,000 or under on 2 December 2020, the grant payment will be £667 per 14 day qualifying restriction period
- businesses occupying properties appearing in the Rating List with a rateable value of between £15,001 - £50,999 on 2 December 2020, the grant payment will be £1,000 per 14 day qualifying restriction period
- businesses occupying properties appearing in the Rating List with a rateable value of £51,000 and over on 2 December 2020, the grant payment will be £1,500 per 14 day qualifying restriction period
A further two support grants will be open for applications later this month:
- Tier 2 LRSG (open) will be available to businesses which have not been forced to close but have been severely impacted due Tier 2 restrictions and also to businesses who operate outside of the business rates system. Business owners can apply for this payment from 17 December
- Christmas support payment for wet-led pubs (pubs that predominantly serve alcohol rather than food). These businesses will be eligible for a one-off payment of £1000 to help make ends meet
Leader of North Devon Council Cllr David Worden says: "The Government has provided these grants to support our local economy. So, if your business has been forced to remain closed now that Devon has been placed in Tier 2 or if you are eligible for a grant due to the second national lockdown and haven't applied yet, I would urge you not to miss out on money that could help your business stay afloat. Check whether you are eligible and apply on our website."
Leader of Torridge District Council, Councillor Ken James says: "We will continue to prioritise the payment of grants as quickly as we can, as we recognise the hardship experienced by many of our local businesses as a result of operating restrictions. We also recognise the cooperation and sacrifice businesses have made in observing these restrictions, which we are mindful, has played a part in helping to reduce the spread of the Covid-19 virus. Businesses operators should continue to double check their entitlement and make enquiries if they remain unsure."
Further government guidance on qualifying businesses and businesses that are excluded from the scheme can be found below:
The two Government grants available for businesses adversely affected by the second national lockdown are still open for applications. The first being the Local Restrictions Support Grant (LRSG) and the second being the Additional Restrictions Grant (ARG); different businesses will be eligible for each grant.
- The LRSG is available to certain businesses and venues which pay business rates and were required to close from 5 November to 2 December 2020
- The ARG is available to business outside of the business rates system which were required to close between 5 November and 2 December and businesses which which – while not legally forced to close – are severely impacted by the restrictions put in place to control the spread of Covid-19. The deadline to apply for the ARG is Wednesday 16 December