What are we doing?
We have developed a Carbon, Environment and Biodiversity Plan that will see us move to a low carbon, sustainable and resilient future and support our communities in this vital journey.
This plan is only the start. It will be revised and updated as further actions become technically, politically and financially feasible.
Action to date:
- Changes to our grounds maintenance regime to reduce carbon and encourage nature;
- Trial of biodiversity net gain approach;
- We have improved our kerbside recycling collection to include additional materials, including food waste;
- Working with Carbon Savvy to promote use of personal carbon footprints and support people to make changes that reduce carbon;
- We have replaced our old Leisure Centre with a more energy efficient building;
- Working with 361 Energy to promote home energy efficiency advice