Covid community testing information for taxi drivers
Community testing in Devon
Following a successful pilot phase, this free service is now available for anyone who must leave home to attend work, and people who are in contact with vulnerable individuals, such as paid and unpaid carers, and volunteers.
This service will help to find individuals who have COVID-19 but do not have symptoms and who may be spreading the virus without realising it.
There is a Community Testing Centre opening in the car park at the Civic Centre in Barnstaple this Wednesday, 17 February.
People should NOT book a test at the community testing site if they are experiencing symptoms of COVID-19. If they are experiencing any of those symptoms they should use the GOV.UK website to arrange an NHS test.
- You must book an appointment to attend a testing site so that we can manage the numbers on site to allow for social distancing
- If you are in regular contact with the public in your working week, testing twice weekly is advisable
- If you visit less frequently, then you may wish to test on the day of the visit or the day before
- Employers should not be asking members of staff to get tested before they come into the workplace
- A lateral flow test is useful for picking up asymptomatic positive cases so that people can isolate and not spread to others. A negative test gives does not give people a ‘green light’ and they must continue to adhere to restrictions and hands, face, space at all times
To book a test at a Community Testing Centre, visit https://www.devon.gov.uk/coronavirus-advice-in-devon/document/coronavirus-testing-in-devon/