The Discover app connects you to your northern Devon town, high street, shopping centre or community – whether you’re shopping, looking for new places to eat or discovering new events or experiences. Use the below QR code to download the free app now!
Town centres are changing. The Coronavirus pandemic made that process faster and more visible, with more and more of us switching to buying online. But we also know that the pandemic really made people aware of the need to buy local and support local, as well as how much it means to receive the great northern Devon customer service! The strong staycation market over the last two years also means we’re expecting large numbers of visitors, and we need to make sure that not only do they have the right information in advance but that they are able to make the most of our fantastic local offer.
Through initiatives such as Live Love Local, we have been working hard to encourage people to keep supporting local businesses both during and following the pandemic. We know that both locals and visitors are really keen to make the most of everything that our fantastic region has to offer - from town centres to walking trails, beaches to events.
As such, we and Torridge Council have launched the northern Devon app, 'Discover' designed to give you the information you want.
Features of the app include:
- each town will have its own area on the app meaning it can be tailored to each individual town in North Devon and Torridge
- details of local businesses, with those businesses also able to highlight special offers and support you to buy through them online
- places to eat and things to do, including walking, cycling, history and even nature trails!
- it can identify people’s location so when they open the app, it will know where they are and will show them the relevant town’s content, whilst still allowing you to browse the other towns
- local events, cultural and leisure facilities promoted for free
- it will allow people to tailor their feed to make sure they’re finding out about what matters to them!
- it can send out push notifications if there’s a message that needs to be communicated quickly
We and Torridge Council have arranged for businesses to feature free on the app. Any businesses that would like to add information or have any questions should email email@example.com.