Leisure and lifestyle COVID-19 - Update March 2021
From 29 March 2021, Rock Park Skatepark, Barnstaple and Benricks Skatepark, Ilfracombe and BMX Track, Braunton will reopen for public use.
All of our parks and play areas are open for public use and we urge any users to follow the safety signage which has been put up at these facilities.
In line with the government guidance, you can meet outside in groups of up to 6 people.
As with all outdoor equipment that can be accessed by multiple people, play areas cannot be guaranteed to be free of COVID-19. Parents should supervise their children at all times and should take all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and their children while using the equipment.
From 12 April 2021, as per the Government guidelines, gym and swimming facilities at both North Devon Leisure Centre and Ilfracombe Pool are open to the public. Group exercise classes will hopefully return on 17 May if the next stage of lockdown is lifted on schedule.
North Devon Council owns the following sports facilities:
- North Devon Leisure Centre, Barnstaple (pool, gym, sports hall, badminton, indoor bowls, squash, dojo, dance studio, cafe, soft play)
- Tarka Tennis Centre, Barnstaple (indoor and outdoor tennis, outdoor grass pitch and new outdoor artificial grass pitch, badminton, cafe)
- Ilfracombe Pool and Fitness Centre, Ilfracombe (pool and gym)
These facilities are managed by Parkwood Leisure on our behalf. If you have any comments about the facilities, please email email@example.com. If you are not satisfied with your response from Parkwood, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As per the Government guidelines, gym and swimming facilities have been reopened from 12April and group exercise classes will hopefully return on 17 May.
The leisure centres and Tarka Tennis staff have been working hard behind the scenes to make sure that your next visit will be as safe as possible and have:
- Installed hand washing and sanitiser points for customer use
- Fitted protective barriers to protect staff
- Put in place an intensive ongoing sanitising programme on high contact surfaces
- Marked routes around building to encourage social distancing
- Reorganised the programme of activities
- All activities must be pre-booked, no walk-ins allowed
The centres are also asking all visitors to:
- avoid entering the building if you are showing any symptoms of COVID-19
- bring your own full drinks bottle as the water fountains are not available
- follow the signage around the centre
- bring your own exercise mat
- do not bring towels
- maintain social distancing at all times
- regularly wash or sanitise your hands
- sanitise equipment and areas when asked to do so
Parkwood Leisure has posted all the information online at https://www.leisurecentre.com. Search via postcode and choose the centre you want for full details of opening hours and reduced timetables.
The following facilities are private enterprises and are not owned or managed by North Devon Council: