Leisure and lifestyle update during the coronavirus outbreak
Our skate parks in Barnstaple and Ilfracombe and the BMX pump track at Braunton are now open to the public and we urge any users to follow the safety signage which has been put up at these facilities.
All our play areas are currently closed and are scheduled to re-open in a phased roll out from Monday 13 July. Signage will be in place to remind parents to:
- maintain social distancing
- wash their hands thoroughly before and after their visit
- take their own hand sanitiser wherever possible
- not to eat and drink whilst using play equipment
- dispose of litter in the bins provided
- be considerate of other park users and if any play area appears busy, to come back at a later time
As with all outdoor equipment that can be accessed by multiple people, play areas cannot be guaranteed to be free of COVID-19. Parents should supervise their children at all times and should take all reasonable precautions to ensure the safety of themselves and their children while using the equipment.