North Devon public toilets
North Devon Council maintains toilet blocks across the district. For details see:
- Downloadable data of the toilets managed by NDC in open data format (to be updated with list of facilities funded by NDC)
- Our Public Convenience Policy (pdf 251 kB) sets out how we manage our toilets
Most council maintained toilets are open from 7.00 am to 6.00 pm, subject to the cleaning rota. Some of the toilets are open 24 hours a day. During the winter (November to April) some cubicles or facilities may be closed.
Cleaning and maintenance
We clean the toilets regularly to ensure a high standard of cleanliness. The team also regularly monitors the toilets for damage relating to vandalism, aiming to sort out any problems quickly.
We will always try to keep the toilets open during our cleaning and monitoring. However, if there is vandalism, we may need to close part of a toilet or the whole facility whilst we carry out repairs.
If you want to report any damage or problems with a toilet, please contact us.
Other toilets are maintained by parish or local community groups. We are working to publish details of these toilets shortly.
We are always looking for ways to improve public toilet facilities. Most of our toilets have disabled facilities. We also support the RADAR Scheme, the RADAR website sells individual RADAR keys or contact:
Disability Rights UK
12 City Forum
250 City Road
Telephone: 020 7250 8181
Fax: 020 7250 0212
Text Phone: 020 7250 4119
Our public toilets
- Bicclescombe Park, Ilfracombe
- Brimlands Car Park, Ilfracombe
- Bus Station, Belle Meadow Lane, Barnstaple
- Caen Street, Braunton
- Castle Hill Car Park, road past Moules Farm, Berrynarbor
- Cattle Market car park, Tuly Street, Barnstaple
- Combesgate Beach, Woolacombe
- Croyde Village Centre
- Hele Bay, Ilfracombe
- Ilfracombe Pier
- Kiln car park, Combe Martin
- Lane End , Instow
- Lydacott picnic site, Lydacott picnic area, Fremington
- Moor Lane, Croyde
- Pilton Park, Barnstaple
- Red Barn, Woolacombe
- The North Devon Crematorium, Old Torrington Road, Barnstaple
- Wilder Road, Ilfracombe