Tour of Britain Events Fund 2018
We are very excited to be hosting a large part of the Stage 2 route, and Stage 2 Finish of the 2018 Tour of Britain.
The route takes in much of the breath-taking scenery of our area, and travels through a number of villages, towns and communities. We are keen to make the most of this opportunity, and would like to offer small grants to schools, clubs and community groups that would like to put on events to celebrate the Tour of Britain, which is coming to North Devon on 3 September 2018.
Events could include street parties or mini race competitions. They could include reminiscence activities to gather peoples histories and links to the communities they live in. Or you could engage your school in an arts competition. Be creative!
There is £3,000 available in the scheme, with grants up to £200 per organisation awarded on a first come first served basis. All applications must be received before Friday 17 August, and will be processed on a rolling basis. It may take up to 10 working days for us to process your application.
You need to complete the application form electronically (below). We do not require any further documents from you with your application, but you may be asked to produce a copy of your governance document and current bank statement if your application is approved.
You will need to provide a post-event monitoring report showing how the grant was spent and who attended, with photographs where possible.
If you need help with your application or wish to check if you are eligible to apply please speak to Vanessa Harrison on 01271 388216.
1. The event must be located within and benefit residents of North Devon
2. The event must take place on or before Monday 3rd September 2018 – we cannot accept applications for events/costs that have already been incurred
3. The organisation applying for the grant must be able to supply (on or after the application submission):
• Evidence of costs for the event – receipts or invoices
• Bank account details in the name of the organisation – all grant payments will be made by BACs transfer
• A constitution, governing document or similar
4. Successful organisations will be asked to promote their events using the social media handles provided.
5. We cannot fund alcohol or support events that have a religious or political theme
6. Capital and Revenue costs are eligible – however, if there will be items of capital spend include you must provide details in the ‘additional information’ box of what the capital items will be used for after the event/activity and who will own/maintain it