Job Vacancy: Workshop Technician
Full time, permanent contract
Salary: £20,092 - £24,491 per annum
We are looking to recruit a Workshop Technician on a permanent contract. You will work as part of a team in our vehicle workshop. As part of your job you will be expected to:
- Carry out repairs and servicing on refuse, recycling or sweeping vehicles
- Prepare vehicles for MOT and carry out safety inspections
- Have experience of working on a wide range of vehicles
- Work using your own initiative
Flexible working will be required to work a minimum of 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, working between 6.00 a.m. and 6.00 p.m. (dependent on shift). You will be required to work on a Saturday in a week with a Bank Holiday in it and the occasional Saturday during busy periods.
You will need to have:
- Full driving licence - HGV desirable or willingness to learn
- Qualification in vehicle maintenance i.e City & Guilds, preferably HGV
- Good knowledge of HGVs
- Ideally gained experience of working on refuse, recycling or sweeping vehicles
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST ENCLOSE WITH YOUR APPLICATION FORM A PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR FULL DRIVING LICENCE
Closing date for applications: 25 September 2020 (noon)
Interview date: 7 October 2020
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation with flexible working hours and a career average salary pension scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference WT1 or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.