Temporary Accommodation Officer
Job Vacancy: Temporary Accommodation Officer
37 hours per week, permanent contract
Salary: £18,070 - £22,658 per annum + essential car user allowance
The Environmental Health & Housing Service is seeking an enthusiastic person to join our busy team, based in our offices in Brynsworthy Environment Centre, Roundswell, Barnstaple.
You will need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, have an ability to work flexibly to changing demands and operate in a coordinated manner with other team members to ensure successful outcomes.
Finding the right people is critical to our future success. If you think you have the right skills, capability and attitude to help us on this exciting journey we want to hear from you.
This post will:
- Support the provision of temporary accommodation for customers may otherwise be homeless
- Arrange occupancy agreements for customers
- Liaise with accommodation providers over vacancies, repairs and contracts
- Carry out property inspections
You should be able to demonstrate:
- Good general or technical education beyond GCSE level
- Experience of providing a front line customer service
- Good communication and interpersonal skills and experience of dealing with members of the public
- Computer literate and proficient in MS office applications
- Good team worker/supportive
- Experience of property, tenancy and contract management
- An experienced decision maker
Closing Date: 20 April 2018 (noon)
Interview Date: 9 May 2018
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours, a career average salary pension scheme and an optional childcare voucher scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference TAO or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.