Solicitor, Barrister or Legal Executive
Full time, permanent contract - 37 hrs per week
Salary Range: £34,728 - £41,881 per annum
The Council is looking for an enthusiastic and dedicated lawyer to join our busy Legal Services team to provide professional legal support. You will support the team and Senior Solicitor by giving professional legal advice and guidance to Councillors, Officers, Committees and Sub-Committees on a wide range of issues including planning, litigation, housing, licensing, environmental health, property and other areas relevant to local government law, but with an emphasis on planning, litigation and environmental health law.
You will need to demonstrate that:
- You are a qualified solicitor, barrister or legal executive
- You have a sound working knowledge and experience of the law in one or more areas of planning, litigation, housing, licensing, environmental health, property or other areas relevant to local government, but with a preference for planning, litigation and environmental health law
- You have high level analytical, investigatory and problem solving skills
- You have excellent verbal and written communication skills
- You have good negotiating and drafting skills
The post will offer scope for remote working wherever this is practicable
Closing Date: 29 January 2021 (noon)
Interview Date: 11/12 February 2021
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation with flexible working hours and a career average salary pension scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference S01 or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.