Senior Planning Officer
Job Vacancy: Senior Planning Officer
Full time, permanent post
Salary: £25,951 - £31,601 per annum, plus essential car user allowance
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our busy Development Management team in Barnstaple dedicated to looking after the exceptional environment of North Devon - made up of its coastline, moors and historic urban and rural settlements centred on the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve of Braunton Burrows whilst ensuring that development is of the highest quality. The area provides an outstanding quality of life for its residents and a positive working environment in which you will find an ideal work life balance.
You will be involved in:
- contributing to the growth of North Devon and the delivery of an ambitious Local Plan
- dealing with major development proposals as well as a range of application types
- informing and guiding development from the outset as part of our pre-application service
- representing the Council in planning and enforcement appeals
- mentoring other Team Members as part of structured career development
You will need to demonstrate that you have:
- a Degree in Town Planning (or equivalent)
- experience in negotiating major development proposals
- competence in the use of various IT, GIS and other systems
- the ability to thrive in a busy and demanding work environment, managing a high case load
- driving licence essential
Closing Date: 27 April 2018 (noon)
Interview Date: 9 May 2018
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours and a career average salary pension scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference SPO04 or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.