Senior Economic Development Officer
Job Vacancy: Senior Economic Development Officer
37 hours per week, permanent contract
Salary: £29,323 - £31,601 per annum
North Devon Council is developing and delivering a range of economic development initiatives to encourage and support economic growth across the area. Reporting to the Economic Development Manager you will develop relationships with local businesses, drive inward investment ambitions and lead the development of the tourism sector, complementing ambitious plans for growth through physical development including planned infrastructure improvements.
Your responsibilities will include:-
- Leading the development of a tourism strategy for North Devon, engaging with stakeholders to ensure delivery
- Lead on the development of an inward investment strategy for North Devon to promote a positive image and encourage investment
- Work with key stakeholders including businesses, organising events and consultation
- Work with planning colleagues to ensure that the planning service supports economic growth
You should have –
- A degree in a relevant subject; economics, business studies, planning, estate management or related discipline
- Experience and skill in strategy development
- Experience of developing relationships with businesses
- Experience of place identity and promotion
- Understanding of planning and land development
Closing Date: 24 July 2017 (noon)
Interview Date: 1 August 2017
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours, a career average salary pension scheme and an optional childcare voucher scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference SEDO or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.