Private Renting Sector Access Officer/Scheme Co-ordinator
Job Vacancy: Private Renting Sector Access Officer/Scheme Co-ordinator
Full time, permanent contract
Salary: £23,398 - £28,485 per annum + essential car user allowance
The Environmental Health & Housing Service is seeking enthusiastic people to join our busy teams to meet the requirements of the new Homelessness Reduction Act. We are recruiting a mix of permanent and temporary posts to deliver our services. These roles will provide effective housing advice and assistance to prevent and resolve homelessness.
You will need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, have an ability to work flexibly to changing demands and operate in a coordinated manner with other team members to ensure successful outcomes.
Finding the right people is critical to our future success. We are looking for people who are able to think creatively, drive change and implement new ideas. If you think you have the right skills, capability and attitude to help us on this exciting journey we want to hear from you.
This post will:
- Deliver a Private Rented Access Scheme to match properties to customers at risk of homelessness
- Build Effective relationships with landlords and agents to attract property supply
- Ensure appropriate tenancy support is provided to ensure successful tenancies
- Manage financial systems and team supporting homelessness prevention
Ideally you need to have:
- A Higher National Diploma or first degree in housing or equivalent qualification and training
- Experience of working in housing services and good understanding of housing legislation
- Experience of advising agents, landlords and tenants
- Experience of assessing Housing and Health Safety Rating System
- Experience of managing and monitoring budgets
Closing Date: 2 March 2018 (noon)
Interview Date: 23 March 2018
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours, a career average salary pension scheme and an optional childcare voucher scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference PRSSC or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.