Job Vacancy: Planning Officer
37 hours per week, permanent post
Salary: £23,398 to £28,485 per annum, plus essential car user allowance
We are looking for an enthusiastic individual to join our busy Development Management team in Barnstaple looking after the exceptional environment of North Devon - made up of its coastline, moors and historic urban and rural settlements centred on the UNESCO Biosphere Reserve of Braunton Burrows. The area provides an outstanding quality of life for residents, but has a number of planning challenges that need to be carefully managed.
You will be involved in:
- Processing planning applications including determination of delegated applications
- Dealing with planning appeals and enforcement
You will need to demonstrate that you have:
- a Degree in Town Planning (or equivalent) or working towards qualification
- RTPI Membership (or working towards MRTPI)
- Competent in the use of various IT, GIS and other systems
- the ability to thrive in a busy and demanding work environment managing a high case load
- Good communication skills
- Driving licence essential
Closing Date: 27 March 2018 (noon)
Interview Date: 18 April 2018
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours and a career average salary pension scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference PO03 or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.