Planning Enforcement Officer
Job Vacancy: Planning Enforcement Officer
Full time, permanent post
Salary: £20,661 - £25,951 per annum, plus essential car user allowance
We are looking for an energetic, enthusiastic and confident person to join our friendly and professional team to ensure that the quality of our towns and landscape is protected and enhanced by sympathetic development of the highest standard.
Do you have:
- Knowledge of planning legislation and procedures
- Experience of dealing with the public
- Ability to carry out methodical investigations, collate and present evidence
- Ability to manage high volumes of work under minimum supervision whilst working to deadlines
- Excellent communication & negotiation skills. Ability to demonstrate tact & diplomacy
- Competence in the use of IT databases, Word and Excel
- 4 GCSE’s at Grade C or above including Maths & English, or equivalent qualifications and/or experience
- Access to a car and a clean driving licence
If so, join us for a rewarding career at the forefront of planning investigation, compliance and monitoring working within a team of dedicated professionals whose goal is to make North Devon the best possible place to live and work.
Closing Date: 27 March 2018 (noon)
Interview Date: 12 April 2018
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours and a career average salary pension scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference PEO or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.