Non LGV Driver Loader Sweeper Recycler
Job Vacancy: Non LGV Driver/Loader/Sweeper/Recycler
Permanent Contract - 37 hours per week
Salary: £15,507 - £17,547 per annum
We are looking to recruit a Non LGV Driver/Loader/Sweeper/Recycler.
As part of your job you would be expected to:
- Manually sweep, litter pick and empty litter bins
- Able to drive a non LGV vehicle (up to 7.5 tonnes an advantage)
- Collect refuse sacks, wheelie bins, recycling containers or special collections
- Work on trade or domestic refuse and recycling rounds
- See that refuse/recycling rounds or sweeping schedules are completed satisfactorily
This post is based at Brynsworthy Environment Centre.
You will be required to work a minimum of 37 hours per week, Monday to Friday, start time will be 6.00 a.m. (or later if on refuse or recycling). You may also be required to work on a Saturday following a bank holiday.
You will need:
- Driving Licence, preferably with 7.5 tonne entitlement
- Good knowledge of the local area
- To be physically fit and able to work outdoors in all weathers
- Experience of working on refuse, recycling and sweeping operations beneficial
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST ENCLOSE A PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR FULL DRIVING LICENCE WITH YOUR APPLICATION FORM
Closing date: 12 January 2017 (noon)
Interview date: 20 January 2017
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours, a career average salary pension scheme and an optional childcare voucher scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference DLSR01 or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.