Job Vacancy: Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Driver/Loader/Sweeper/Recycler
Permanent Contract - 37 hours per week
Salary: £18,870 - £23,111 per annum
We are looking to recruit a number of Heavy Goods Vehicle (HGV) Driver/Loader/Sweeper/Recyclers on permanent contracts.
You will drive one of our Refuse/Recycling Freighters or a Road Sweeper. As part of your job you will be expected to:
- Manually collect recycling containers, refuse sacks, wheelie bins, or special collections
- Work on trade or domestic or street sweeping rounds
- Manually sweep, litter pick and empty litter bins
- See that refuse/recycling rounds or sweeping schedules are completed satisfactorily
You will be required to work a minimum of 37 hours per week Monday to Friday, start time will be between 7:00am (or earlier if sweeping) and may include working on a Saturday in a week with a Bank Holiday in it.
One of the posts will be working on Rapid Response which includes flexible start and finish times between 6:00am and 6:00pm.
You will need to have:
- HGV Class C or C+E Driving Licence
- Valid CPC drivers qualification card
- Good knowledge of the local area
- Experience of driving refuse, recycling or sweeping vehicles beneficial
PLEASE NOTE: YOU MUST ENCLOSE WITH YOUR APPLICATION FORM A PHOTOCOPY OF YOUR FULL DRIVING LICENCE
Closing Date: 17 August 2018 (noon)
Interview Date: 24 August 2018
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours and a career average salary pension scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference HGV08 or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.