Housing Register Officer
Job Vacancy: Housing Register Officer
37 hours per week, 23 month fixed term contract
Salary: £16,781 - £20,138 per annum
We are looking for the right person to join our busy Devon Home Choice team (social housing register) at North Devon Council, based in our offices in Brynsworthy Environment Centre, Roundswell, Barnstaple. You will deal with a wide range of people including members of the public relating to their Devon Home Choice application, Councillors, voluntary organisations, housing associations and other local authorities.
You will be trained to provide both general and specialised administrative support including:
- Provides both general and specialised administrative support relating to Devon Home Choice (social housing register) within the Housing Options Team
- To assess and register applications for social housing in accordance with Devon Home Choice policy
- To accurately assess new applications and any change of circumstances in accordance with the Devon Home Choice policy
- To provide advice and assistance to clients in the registration process and ‘bidding’ for social housing
Ideally you need to have:
- a good standard of education at GCSE level
- be proficient in Microsoft Office
- be a confident communicator, both written and verbal
- have some previous work experience
Applicants must be available to take up this post immediately on appointment, if successful
Closing Date: 20 April 2018 (noon)
Interview Date: 8 May 2018
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours, a career average salary pension scheme and an optional childcare voucher scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference HRO or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.