Housing Officer - Young Persons (Housing Advice and Homelessness)
Job Vacancy: Housing Officer (Young Persons Housing Advice and Homelessness)
Full time, up to 12 months temporary contract
Salary: £20,661 - £25,951 per annum + essential car user allowance
The Environmental Health & Housing Service is seeking enthusiastic people to join our busy teams to meet the requirements of the new Homelessness Reduction Act. We are recruiting a mix of permanent and temporary posts to deliver our services. These roles will provide effective housing advice and assistance to prevent and resolve homelessness.
You will need to demonstrate excellent interpersonal skills, have an ability to work flexibly to changing demands and operate in a coordinated manner with other team members to ensure successful outcomes.
Finding the right people is critical to our future success. We are looking for people who are able to think creatively, drive change and implement new ideas. If you think you have the right skills, capability and attitude to help us on this exciting journey we want to hear from you.
This post will:
- Provide specialist high quality housing advice to young persons to prevent and relieve homelessness
- Assess customer circumstances and agree personal housing plans to meet their needs
- Make homelessness decisions and deliver services to discharge duties
- Work collaboratively to provide homelessness solutions
Ideally you will have:
- A Higher National Diploma or first degree in housing, or equivalent qualification and training
- Good experience in delivering housing advice, homelessness prevention and relief services for young persons
- Good knowledge of Children’s Services for 16/17 year olds and care leavers
- Experience of statutory homelessness decision making and reviews
- Good knowledge of housing legislation
Closing Date: 2 March 2018 (noon)
Interview Date: 14 March 2018
If you have not heard by the interview date, please assume that you have been unsuccessful on this occasion.
In return we offer a supportive environment in an organisation accredited with IIP, flexible working hours, a career average salary pension scheme and an optional childcare voucher scheme.
North Devon Council believes in valuing diversity and is committed to equal opportunities.
For an application pack, please call 01271 388353, quoting reference HOYP or use the documents below:
If you require a copy of the application form, or job description, in an alternative format, please contact us.