Gender Pay Gap
1.1 From 30 March 2017 public sector employers in Great Britain with more than 250 staff will be required by law to publish the following four types of figures annually on their own website and on a government website by 30 March 2018.
- Gender pay gap (mean and median averages)
- Gender bonus gap (mean and median averages)
- Proportion of men and women receiving bonuses
- Proportion of men and women in each quartile of the organisation’s pay structure
2.0 Pay quartiles by gender
2.1 The North Devon Council figures set out below have been calculated using the standard methodologies used in the Equality Act 2010 (Gender Pay Gap Information) Regulations 2017.
2.2 Under the law, men and women must receive equal pay for:
- the same or broadly similar work
- work rated as equivalent under a job evaluation scheme; or
- work of equal value
|Lower quartile||82 percent||18 percent|
|Lower middle quartile||52 percent||48 percent|
|Upper middle quartile||48.5 percent||51.5 percent|
|Upper quartile||57 percent||43 percent|
2.3 North Devon Council is committed to the principle of equal opportunities and equal treatment for all employees, regardless of sex, race, religion or belief, age, marriage or civil partnership, pregnancy/maternity, sexual orientation, gender reassignment or disability. It has a clear policy of paying employees equally for the same or equivalent work, regardless of their sex (or any other characteristic set out above). As such, it:
- carries out pay audits at regular intervals
- evaluates job roles and pay grades as necessary to ensure a fair structure
2.4 North Devon Council is therefore confident that its gender pay gap does not stem from paying men and women differently for the same or equivalent work. Rather its gender pay gap is the result of the roles in which men and women work within the organisation and the salaries that these roles attract.
3.0 North Devon Council’s Gender Pay Gap
|Mean Pay Gap||-5.4 percent|
|Median Pay Gap||-14 percent|
Contact for more information: Nikki Gordon, Human Resources Manager, tel: 01271 318548 email: email@example.com