Apply for a gambling premises licence
If you, as an individual or company, want to offer gambling where an operating licence is required and which is premises based, you will also need to apply for a premises licence. This includes:
- adult gaming machines
- family entertainment centres
To apply, you will also need to:
- pay the appropriate application fee
- provide a plan of the premises
- send the notice of application to all responsible authorities (pdf 75KB) within seven days of making your application
- publish a prescribed notice of application in a local newspaper within 10 working days of making your application
publish the same prescribed notice of application on the premises, where it can be read by the public from outside. The notice must stay for 28 days, starting from when the application is made
For more information, please read the guidance notes on gambling premises licences (pdf 23KB)
Formatting your notices of application
To help you format your notices, both to the local press and responsible authorities, please go to our giving notice to applications page.
Current applications for the grant of a premises licence and those previously completed can be viewed on the premises licence public register.