Apply for a new premises licence
To apply for a premises licence, you must be aged 18 or over, with a view to operate a business at a premises (including open air) for any licensable activity. This can either be on a permanent basis or a time-limited period.
You will also need to:
- pay the appropriate fee
- provide an operating schedule (pdf 142KB)
- provide a plan of the premises
- if alcohol is to be sold, give the name of the designated premises supervisor
- confirm that the application has, at the same time, been served to the appropriate responsible authorities
- read the guidance notes on new premises licences (pdf 212KB)
If your application is for a substantial event or your event involves specific risk factors (waterside location, fire works, processions etc.) then you should notify North Devon’s Safety Advisory Group in order to gain safety advice in relation to your proposal. If in doubt we suggest that you read the guidance notes on the Safety Advisory Group’s website.
There are mandatory conditions (pdf 113KB) that are imposed on premises licences or club premises certificates. The Home Office has produced guidance for alcohol suppliers to help the trade to implement these conditions.
- List of responsible authorities (pdf 75KB)
- Suggested format for public notice in a newspaper (word 24KB)
- Pool of Conditions (pdf 482KB)